COOKED BREAKFASTS AT EL CAFÈ DEL MAR
Passeig Marítim (Seafront) of Vilanova i la Geltrú
Enjoy a proper breakfast, facing Vilanova marina and next to a building listed as a cultural asset of local interest.
Imagine yourself seated at a table on Passeig Marítim (Seafront) of Vilanova i la Geltrú, enjoying the sleepy peace and quiet of the early morning. Facing you is the Vilanova i la Geltrú marina, while behind you stands the old Pòsit de Pescadors (building of the fishermen’s guild) of Vilanova, dating back to 1925. Built in the Catalan noucentista style, this historical building is listed as a cultural asset of local interest.
In this incomparable setting, El Cafè del Mar can prepare you a fabulous cooked breakfast, which they say is the most important meal of the day.
We specialise in fresh, local market cuisine, featuring freshly caught fish from the Vilanova fish market.
These are our dishes:
- Grilled baby squids • Shellfish salad
- Cuttlefish with potatoes • Fresh Catalan sausage with haricot beans
- Baby squid mini casserole • Catalan shredded salt cod salad
- “Broken” fried eggs with cured ham • Tripe mini casserole
- Baby prawns in garlic • Your choice of omelette
- Grilled sardines (depending on availability)
With a side dish of tomato-rubbed Catalan flatbread and a glass of beer or wine, or a soft drink or mineral water. And if by chance you prefer something else, have a look at our selection of sandwiches. Don’t hesitate to ask if there’s anything you can’t see!
Come and enjoy our city. Start the day with a hearty breakfast and then head for a stroll along the seafront or through the streets of the lively shopping district of Vilanova i la Geltrú. You could also enjoy one of the many activities organised by local companies.
Have a great day out!
- Capacity: Up to 60 diners inside and terrace for up to 80 diners (we comply with the COVID-19 rules in force at any given time).
- Availability: All year round from 9 am to 12 noon (after which we serve appetisers and lunch).
- Price: Cooked breakfast with side dish of tomato-rubbed Catalan flatbread and glass of beer/wine or soft drink or mineral water→ €7 (incl. VAT).
- Duration: Breakfast is served from 9 am to 12 noon… Take your time!
- Deadline for booking: There’s no need to book.
- Minimum number of people: Enjoy your breakfast alone or in company; we’ll be pleased to see you either way!
Languages in which the service is offered: Catalan, Spanish, French and English. If you speak a different language, don’t worry; you won’t go without your breakfast!